|Posted on 21 November, 2017 at 10:00|
Rabbie's Red Red Rose Cocktail Recipe
Edible Works of Art by Antosa©
In honour of Robert Burns 1794 Poem "O my Luve's like a red, red rose"
An Original Contemporary Designer Cocktail by Antosa©
Rabbie’s Red Red Rose Cocktail
What You'll Need
- 50ml Gin
- 25ml Dry vermouth
- 15 ml Deli-isher’s Citrus Rose Nectar
- 5ml Deli-isher’s Citrus lemon
- Rose petal & Edible 24 carat Gold leaf
How to Make It
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake well
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a rose petal & Edible 24carat Gold Leaf
- (optional! around the rim of the cocktail glass crushed sugared rose petals)
"Rabbie's Red Red Rose Cocktail"
The Rose, beautiful queen of flowers, heart inspiration of poets painters & Gourmet Connoisseur's
The lore of the red rose begins in ancient Greek and Roman mythology with its symbolic union with Aphrodite (Venus) the goddess of love. Later, it is said that Queen Cleopatra had red roses strewn about her bed chamber floor to welcome her lover, Marc Antony.
The language of the flowers, which finds its roots in Ottoman Turkey, became a method of covert communication among lovers in the 1700s who felt the need to hide their feelings from society. It was during this time that the red rose became the symbol of true love which has the ability to overcome obstacles remain everlasting. The red rose truly is the representation of legendary romantic, triumphant and abiding love.
As Robert Burns transended thought into feeling the language of his heart through Poetry and song
Deli-isher's has transended creative thoughts of the rose into Edible Work of Art with Gourmet Food & Drink
Thank you Antosa x